Monday, February 23, 2009

My Medifast Diet Diary-Week 2

Start losing weight now!

From this point on I’m going to write about my experiences with Medifast, but I am not going to list every meal that I eat. Click here if you would like to read my week 1 diary where I listed every meal in detail. As I go forward, I probably won’t have an entry for every single day, because on some days not a whole lot happens. I’m going to focus now on how I feel, the temptations I face, and the experiences I go through on Medifast.

2/16/09 Medifast Diet Day 8

I am really happy today! I had an awesome first week weigh-in. Click here to read about how much weight I lost during my first week on Medifast. Today I met a friend of mine for lunch. Before I left I had a bowl of Medifast Chicken Noodle Soup. When I went to lunch I had some black coffee and water. It was easy.

2/17/09 Medifast Diet Day 9

I was busy today, and actually had only eaten one meal by the time this afternoon had rolled around. I am eating now mostly for fuel, not to satisfy hunger. My appetite is dulled big-time. I would say my appetite is 25% of what it was just 9 days ago. Don’t get me wrong-the mental desire to enjoy a loaded pizza or a bunch of hot wings and beer is still there. I don’t know that those desires will ever go away, and this is only day 9. It’s not like I’ve won the weight loss battle yet. But, it’s much easier to fight off the food fantasies with a dulled appetite.

2/18/09 Medifast Diet Day 10

I can’t believe it’s day 10 already. My clothes feel comfortable right now. I can’t wait to be able to fit in some smaller jeans. I have a pretty nice wardrobe that is waiting on me to lose weight. I went to Hooter’s tonight-as you may know Wednesday is all you can eat wing night at Hooter’s. For me it was all you can drink iced tea night, because that’s all I consumed. I still like getting out even if I’m not indulging in the wings and beer.

Design-a-Menu - lose weight with Medifast!

2/18/09 Medifast Diet Day 11

My big belly feels a little smaller today. I can’t see a difference in the mirror yet -I mean it still looks huge, but it feels just a little bit smaller. I can’t wait to fit into some smaller clothes. At other times in my life when I have dieted successfully, I remember being able to visually notice at least a slight difference in my appearance at the 2 week point. I guess we’ll find out Monday how things go this time around.

2/18/09 Medifast Diet Day 14


I can’t believe that day 14 is here! I’ve made it through two consecutive weekends without the two items that usually dominate my weekend menu: pizza and beer. I’m excited about tomorrow’s weigh-in. As my body adjusts to this way of eating, I’m sure that I won’t be able to duplicate my week-one weight loss, but I am just hoping to continue losing weight.

During the past two weeks I have stared down pizza, hot wings, Girl Scout cookies, hamburgers, and beer. Temptation is all around me. It’s around all of us. But I keep going back to the fact that if I stick with this, I will never have to go through it again. I will never have to say “I’m starting my diet on Monday.” I will never again have another day 1, day 2, or day 14.

With Medifast you can lose 2-5 pounds a week. Medifast’s delicious meals make dieting quick and easy. Get 2 weeks free today!.